It is really important for every importers and air freight forwarders to manage proper handling of air cargo imported in India. Followings are the important things which have to keep in mind when you are using airways to import in India.
- consignments are arrives and intimation about its arrival is given by airline/break bulk agent by using cargo arrival notice and importar has to obtain the delivery order from airlines.
- Submitting a bill of entry on the electronic data interchange from Customs House Agent (CHA) and finalised bill of entry print out received for payment of duty.
- After payment of duty, the location of cargo is given by Airport Authority of India and goods produced for examination by the customs inspector. Goods are examined by customs. Out of charge is given both on EDI as well as on the hard copy.
- The Airport Authority of India's dues, challan-cum-gate pass are obtained and the payment is made.
- The gate pass is presented for delivery of goods obtained.
These are the process to follow to arrivals of air cargo for clearance. The clearance of cargo is highly skilled process and lots of rules has to followed. these rules and process has to be complete step wise and finally you will get proper clearance of your air cargos.