|Lufthansa Cargo Plane at Airport|
It is the real fact that logistics & supply chain is the backbone of industrial and financial growth of any country and world. Different transport modes are the part of logistics & supply chain. Freight forwarders, shippers and transporters are using different modes and many times multi-modes of transport. About multimodal transport which is main ways of cargo movement in these days will be discussed in other posts. I will write a seperate post about it again in our comming posts.
In this post we will discuss about the advantages of air transport mode for movement of cargos. We know that ait freight forwarding is fastest and modern mode but it is more expensive than shipping mode of transport. But some of very important advantages of air mode of movement of freight and cargos are as listed below.
- Inventory costs are low in this mode.
- Important part is that breakage is negligible.
- The loss due to rough handling and pilferage is reduced to the minimum.
- Packaging costs are also very low.
- The main point of this mode that product can reach market in time when they need.
- Administration costs are also low.